2020 Harfield Village Carnival CANCELLED - HVCID Statement
Dear Residents and Local Businesses
The HVCID committee advises, with regret, that the Harfield Village Carnival will not be held in 2020. This is as a result of a reduction in sponsorship and a substantial increase in expenses, which we would need to incur to satisfy the City of Cape Town, in order to secure a special event permit. As a result of how popular the carnival has become, attracting people from all over the Western Cape, the City requires the organisers to provide more infrastructure, including additional security and traffic officials, hiring of toilets and road traffic signs, disposal of waste and the premium for the public liability. The income generated from stallholders and sponsors is not sufficient to cover these expenses. The HVCID committee is holding discussions with interested parties and we will keep residents advised, if the situation changes for 2021.
We thank you for your amazing support of the event over the past 2 years.
JENNI COLEMAN (Manager - Harfield Village Community Improvement District (HVCID) )
This website, associated newsletter and Facebook page are privately owned and operated. We are independent of the Harfield Village Association (HVA) and any other groups or organizations. All data collected is owned by Norgarb Properties.
We are sponsored by NORGARB PROPERTIES who consistently put back generously into the local community. Other such initiatives sponsored by Norgarb are the annual street carnival, fun map of the area, monthly newsletters and regular Facebook posts. They are now in the process of introducing a free delivery/ lift service in their fun tuk tuk's (AKA Indian taxi's).
This site serves to do the following:
• Keep locals up to speed with news and events
• Offer a quick way to find a business/restaurant/service in the area
• Promote and support the local business community and services
• Educate visitors about the area, including the fascinating history thereof
• Promote the village as a destination
We also offer and encourage the use of:
• Monthly Newsletters (6000 + subscribers). Click here to subscribe or here to see previous mailers
• Our Community Facebook page
• Advertising on our business directory pages (FREE) *sponsor a prize for our monthly lucky draw
• Advertising on our various additional platforms. Click here to read more
• The downloading and use of the VoiceMap tour of Harfield Village. Read more here.