Introducing Pottery Classes in my Studio
Why are studio based classes more appealing?
- we can build more functional ware
- we can work in moulds to make plates
- we can build over a period of time, hence larger more elaborate pieces
- we can work with pottery tools and turn tables
- we can learn more about painting techniques
- work with different oxides and glazes for the finished pieces
This is how it will work: Classes will run from my studio in Claremont, I will only allow 6 children at a time to allow for the 1.5 m rule for social distancing, we will sanitise hands upon arrival and the studio will be disinfected before each lesson. Upon enrolling you will be asked to sign an indemnity form.
- Fees R1120
- 2 hour lesson
- once a week
- for a month
- Mondays 2:30 - 4:30 pm or Thursdays 2:30 - 4:30 pm
- Wednesdays 12:30 - 2:30 pm
- Classes will commence on the 5th October and ends on the 28th of October.
Smudge is our recent rescue, he is still getting used to the activity. So when children arrive he hides and if a suitcase is available to lie on that will be his choice of bed.
In September we slab built cat and dog bowls, Maya getting better at the wheel and is building funky mugs. Nicky & Lily made and decorated a platter. Emily has just finished her first mono print bowl, watch this space for the glazed pictures.
WORK CREATED IN SEPTEMBER